Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I was thinking of my best friend Stacey today and how much she means to me. Other than my family, she is the most dearest person to me. She is apart of my family. Too often do we fail to tell those close to us how much the mean to us. So I thought I would share my heart with you today.

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. The jokes, the shopping trips, the myspace comments, the tea parties, the grass on fire, the derby hats, the hair advice, the 2 hour long conversation when we just spent the whole weekend together, the smiles, the laughter, and the tears.

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. Or when something is in your teeth, or when you should never wear that red shirt again

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. Knowing how each other feels without saying a word.

There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. This was kind of corny, but I like corny.

She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.

It takes a long time to grow an old friend. We think now that we have been friends for a long time, wait til we are old and not so grey thanks to hair color.

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.

There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul.

I found one quote that sums it all up.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. She knows what I am talking about. And thats all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you tell your best friend to be nice to me please?


thanks

Pastor David

Kelley said...

wow doesn't sound like the Stacy I know! Just kidding! True Real friends are priceless - I've been blessed to have 2! you might know them....

Anonymous said...

she is good people ain't she? i'm sure she would say the same about you!!!!!