Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

It was a Tuesday, my first day back to work from maternity leave. I was working when we got a phone call saying that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. We keep a small TV in the lab, so we pulled it out and I remember seeing the second plane hit. When we found out that it was terrorism, I just wanted to be with my family. We kept the TV on all day as we worked, and I will never forget those images. The scary part was that it kept happening, one attack after another, and you were on the edge of your seat praying there wouldn't be anymore. We kept Little Adam away from the TV, because he was too young to know what was going one. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law lived in DC, and my brother-in-law worked for the government and we didn't know were he was working that day. We called our loved ones, and were releaved to know they were ok. There were so many other families, thousands who didnt' feel relief that day. There heart ached, and my heart went out to them. Someone discribed it well, "it was like time stopped that day". Everything stood still. The people sitting infront of the TV's, and the sky was empty. So today I remember 9/11, and all those effected, and pray for comfort, and healing.

No comments: