Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today is a Beautiful Day!

If you have read my blog, you know that today marks 5 years since Adam's car accident. Today a miracle is happening as a type this blog. My friends Cyndi and James are having a baby. I meet Cyndi 13 years ago when I walked into Moby Dick to get a job at the age of 15. Cyndi is little Adam's God mother, and a wonderful friend. Cyndi and James have been together since I have known her. They have been trying for the past 10 years to have a baby. About 1 year ago, they decided to stop trying to have a child of there own, and to adopt threw the foster parent program. They so wanted to be parents, and we all knew they would make great parents. about 9 months ago, Cyndi called me and asked me to meet her (she worked at GE as well). So I meet her outside the building, and she showed me the picture of the positive pregnancy test. They were pregnant!!! I was so excited, and couldn't believe it. Not to give out TMI, but the previous month was Cyndi's first normal cycle in forever. Everything has been fine with the pregnancy. Last week they scheduled the induction for the 17th because they estimated that Chase is already over 9 lbs. So yesterday I went to the hospital to visit Cyndi, and as soon as I walked in I started crying. I thought she would have him yesterday, but she had a long night, and looks like she will have him today. She is 9cm, and 100% right now. I sent out an email, and my sister replied back telling me, "God gave us a reason to be happy today, he gave us a good memory for June 18th." That made me tear up. I know this baby is Cyndi and James blessing, but he is a blessing to all of us. Then she sent another message, and said, "Think of this, not only did he use a baby, but he used a miracle baby! That really got me. Of all the days these past 10 years, they have there miracle baby today. Chase is a baby of Hope, for parents who have been trying for years, that God's timing is perfect. God had perfect timing for Cyndi and James, even when they didn't know if it would happen. It happened in his timing. I couldn't think of a better birthday for Chase. June 18th, 2008!! Happy Birthday Chase, hurry up so we can meet you!

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
-- Anonymous

No comments: