Friday, August 22, 2008

I am running with Team In Training for LLS

Dear Family and Friends,



On January 18, 2009, I will be running a mini-marathon in Phoenix, Arizona! That’s 13.1 miles, and yes all at once. Luckily, I am not doing this on my own. I have joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training program. Through this program, I have great coaches, mentors and teammates whose support will help me cross the finish line. I have a desire to make a difference in this fight to cure blood cancers.



The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was rated one of the top ten charities for having the highest percentage of funds raised that directly benefit research and patient services. I’m proud to be a part of TNT and fully support there mission: cure Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and Myeloma and improve the quality of life for it’s patients and their families.



An estimated 823,349 Americans have blood cancers.
Every 5 minutes someone is diagnosed.
Every 10 minutes someone dies from blood cancers (an estimates 52,310 deaths in 2007).
There are approximately 50 different drugs being used in treatment.


We lost my mother-on-law and my grandmother to cancer. LLS has done so much for Cancer research and this is my way to help out, and make sure that no one else that I love has to face this disease. One of the greatest contributions of the Society is toward research. Significant progress has been made in the treatment of this disease, and researchers are now optimistic that they will find a cure within 6 years.



My personal goal is to cross the finish line having raised $3,600 and I know it’s possible with the support of family and friends like you! Please consider donating.



As I walk the 13.1-mile mini-marathon, you will be with me in spirit, and your sponsorship will inspire me to walk stronger and faster to the finish line. Whatever you can do to contribute matters…it all adds up! With over 75% of your donation going directly to research, you truly can make a difference.



If possible, please send your donation by September 12th so I can monitor my fundraising efforts. However, I will continue to accept donations until the day of the race.



Please visit my website at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/pfchangs09/arivera1pd and make donations online, this is a secure site. Please forward this email to others who may be interested in donating. Sadly, there are so many people affected by Leukemia and Lymphoma, and there are a lot of people who would like to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.



If you would like to pay by check, please make checks payable to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and email me for my address.





Thank you so much for your support and generosity!

Angela Rivera

502-494-5519

a.rivera@insightbb.com

No comments: