Friday, October 24, 2008

Road Rage

So last night, Jenn and I took Alex and Nate to the Zoo for there Halloween Party. We were about 2 miles from the zoo when we notice the right lane was starting to back up, we went up alittle bit and figured it must be for the zoo, so we merged over into the right lane. Jenn said the lady behind us was throwing her arms around, must not have been too happy. We sat in traffic for a bit, and finally pulled into our parking space. I was getting out of the car, and the car next to me was pulling in. As she pulled up, her window was down, and she said with a sarcastic smile on her face, "Oh look, we get to park by you too, after you cut us off." At first I was in shock, her kids were in the car, what kind of example was she setting for them. Then I tried to explain to her that we didn't know the line of cars was for the zoo, and as soon as we did, we tried to get over. But I couldn't even get it out. She rolled up her window, and ignored me. So we got the stroller out, and got the kids situated, and Jenn said, "and look we all got here at the same time". Really, did it make that big of a deal, did it inconvenience the lady that much to be upset to try to ruin a fun experience. Jenn was right, it wasn't that big of a deal. So after I wrote down there license plate (just in case Jenn's car got keyed or something :o)) we were off and had a fun night. As you can tell it still kind of bugged me, I don't like to think that I am the cause of someone being upset. But I have to realize that it really wasn't that big of a deal, and some people can find any reason to be upset. So I am blogging about it and letting it go. lol

So this morning Alex and I were dropping Little Adam off at school. There was a line of cars behind us. Little Adam said he forgot to have me sign something, so I pulled over and turned on my flashers. There was plenty of room to go around me. So I signed the paper, and Adam was getting out of the car, when a car behind me honked at me. Alex said, "No body honks at my momma!". It was so cute.

No comments: