Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend

I had a great weekend. Saturday was a beautiful day. I couldn't wait to get out and enjoy the day. We has some birthday parties, and we visited my parents. We had alot of fun that night making dinner together, just me, Adam and the boys. We made kabobs, and we all made them just how we wanted them. Then we pulled up the chairs, sat around the grill and ate the kabobs right off the grill. Trinidad and Laila waited patiently for food to fall to the floor, and they were in luck. We had so much fun just hanging out together, goofing off. I think we are going to have to make a tradition of this.

That next morning we got ready for church, the boys gave me there cards, and there gift, and we went to church. This Sunday was Penacost Sunday. The message was a great message, and I can't really say God showed up, because its seems that he is always there waiting for us at NVMC. But he revealed him self in a big way. Alot of people were saved, (if you don't know this man named Jesus, lets talk). It's amazing to see, and it always reminds me of how lost I felt before I was saved. I was truely saved about 3 years ago. And it has been awesome.

Mothers day is a great day with alittle bit of sorrow. It's a great day because it's a day we get to honor our mothers for all they do. There is alittle bit of sorrow for those mothers we have lost. We know they are in a better place, but we still miss them.

I honor my mother who is the strongest person I know. She has taught me how to be a mother. She loves her children, and would do anything for them, and is crazy about her grandchildren. She is the kind of mother I strive to be, and the kind of grandmother I prayed my children would have. We talk all the time, sometimes everyday, and wouldn't have it any other way. I can tell her anything, and she always knows just what to do.


I honor my grandmothers. One who is still here with us, and one who is in Heaven. My Memaw Phillips has a love that you can feel each time she hugs you. And my Memaw Newcom was a one of a kind. She loved us in every way, and you always new it. It would be in the form of a birthday card, a surprise visit, the way she talked, her display of pictures of her kids, grandkids, and great-grand kids in her home.

I honor my mother-in-law who is in Heaven. She was a beautiful person. She was a mother to 3 children, and is a grandmother, and she will meet her grandchildren in Heaven. It's hard for the kids because they never got to meet her. She passed away just before little Adam was born. She new she was going to have a grandson, he would be the first of 4 grandkids, soon to be 5. She had big plans for little Adam. She made plans from the first day she found out, she it all figured out were he would sleep, and were she would put the swing set. She taught me so much in the little time I got to know her. I wish she was still here, so that Adam didn't have to miss out on having his mother here. She loved him with all she had, and I loved seeing them together. She loved her kids more than anything. He was her baby, and always will be. I wish the kids could have know her, she would have spoiled them rotten. We talk about it every once and a while, how it would be if she was still here. We show them pictures, and a video tribute we had made a few years ago. We talk about her, and visit the cemetery. I have never blogged about her, so I will share a story. When we were dating, my sister would call Adam all the time for a ride. Back then we had pagers. Sometime he wouldn't answer her page, so one time she called his house. His mom asked Jacqueine if she new he had a girlfriend, (she was very sweet about it). Jacqueline explained that she was my sister. Lol. Good looking out Ada. I love hearing Adam talk about her. To hear the stories. She is missed.


I honor my friends who are mothers, who show me everyday that it's ok if we don't always get it right, and that the most important part of being a mother is to just love them unconditionally. We learn from each other, and are better for it.

Yesturday the boys were talking about names, and Little Adam asked who named him. Alex said, "Jesus did, Adam and Eve, Duh!". He was Actually named after his dad. Adam Christopher Rivera. Adam's mom came up with Adam from her first name and middle initial. Ada Milka Luna.

No comments: