Friday, March 28, 2008

Is too much texting a mental illness?


ABC news says that too much texting can be a mental illness.


Are you a text-oholic? Obsessive Texting. The need to always have your phone in your hands.

If you have the following symptoms, you might just be.


1.Excessive Use - texting so much you loose sense of time or neglect your day to day activities.
2. Withdrawal - feeling anger, tension, or depression when you have to go without your device.
3. Tolerance - not minding hours of testing, or even upgrading your phone so that you can text more.
4. Negative repercussion - Getting into arguments, lying, social isolation, or even fatigue when it comes to sending messages.


Some say it's so addictive because you can do it while in a meeting, or in class.


I have to admit, I love to text. I wouldn't go as far as to say I have a mental illness. I do text a lot. I just checked last months bill, and I used 2774 text messages. Thank goodness for unlimited texting.

1 comment:

ChasedMyDream said...

LOL! I actually want to buy a new phone so I can text more & faster...I must have a mental illness too!