Saturday, September 8, 2007

Some will think we are crazy!

We have decided to go for baby #3!!! It was about 3 years ago when we started talking about having another baby. We have never planned to have a baby before, they were more like surprises. Very welcomed surprises. There are the normal things to take into consideration. You wonder if you can afford another child, we figured out that you just make it work. Are we doing it for all the right reasons, am I really ready for diapers, and late night feedings. My answer to all of those, are YES, YES and YES! Our situation is a little different, we have to take a lot into consideration. When I was pregnant with Adam and Alexander, I was very sick. I have Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) which is a severe form of morning sickness, with unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids. Hyperemesis is considered a rare complication of pregnancy but, because nausea and vomiting during pregnancy is normal, there is no clear boundary between common morning sickness and hyperemesis. Estimates of the percentage of pregnant women afflicted range from 0.3% to 2%. We are praying that this time I do not get HG. I was hospitalized with both pregnancy's, and lost a significant amount of weight, 40 lbs when I was pregnant with Alex. HG isn't normal morning sickness, it is all day, everyday, can't get out of bed, sleep on the bathroom floor, multiple ER visits, can't keep water down sickness. With Alexander I was off work from December to March because I was so week, and sick that I couldn't leave my house, let alone go to work. So, SOME PEOPLE WILL THINK WE ARE CRAZY to want to do that again.



So why are we. For us this is a part of having a baby. I believe with all my heart that God can heal this, and that I may not have to go threw with it. However if I do have to go threw with it, we are willing to do that. I believe that I can do all things threw Christ who strengthens me. There is alot more out there in the form of medical help than was unavailable with Adam and Alexander. They still don't know what causes it, and they don't' have a cure, but there is alot of new treatment methods, and I have a great Doctor who will treat it aggressively. Here is a website that I visit alot, it is a website for women that suffer from HG, and is full of info for us, and our family and friends so that they can understand and help us threw it. http://www.helpher.org/


So pray for us. Pray that God will heal me from HG, and that I will have a healthy pregnancy, and baby. You can pray for a girl too, Amen, Hallelujah!!

I was talking with the boys the other day about having another baby, and they are both so excited. At first Alex said he didn't a girl, because they are messy, which I think is funny, Have you seen his room? Ha ha. So I talked to the boys about how I get sick, and I asked them to pray. I told them that mommy and daddy were praying that I don't get sick. So they said they would pray. I told them that when ever they think about it, just pray right then and there. Little Adam and I continued to talk about it, and Alex says, "Hello, I am trying to pray here". Apparently we were interrupting his prayer time. So he finished praying, then he said, "Oh, I forgot to say Amen" He was quite for a few seconds, then he said, "OK, I am done." it was so cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for a girl and great pregnancy! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

wow! COngratulations... I will definately be praying for you and your future pregnancy. I love you guys!