Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Today Adam and I celebrate our 7th Wedding Anniversary. 7 years ago on a rainy day in April, we pledged to love one another forever in front of our family and friends. This was a very emotional day because it was a long time coming. Adam and I meet in high school, and had our first son within a year of meeting. We were engaged twice. The first time, I think we got engaged because it was what was expected of us. We had been together since High School, we had a child, and it was the next step, in an out of order sequence of steps for us to take. We were so young and had alot of learning, and growing up to-do. We made our share of mistakes, and we did grow up, and we just so happened to do it together. We had one thing that held us together stronger than anything, and that was Little Adam. Adam was bound and determined to be there in his sons life. To be honest, I really didn't want to be one of those couples who got married because it was what we had to do, so that is why there were two engagements. The second one happened because it was right for us. We got married not because of a sequence of events that lead to it, but because we were ready to stand before our family, friends and God, and really mean the words that we spoke. The whole day itself was a bit of a blur. I have pictures that bring back the memories. I remember how cute Little Adam looked in his Tuxedo that was exactly the same as Adam's. I remember how much Adam embarrassed me when he did his little dance before the garter toss, it was priceless. I remember my cousin who was in the wedding, showing up with a black eye, again priceless, but that didn't matter to me, because he was there. I remember how it felt to have our two families separated my hundreds of miles, come together and celebrate with us. I remember dancing with my dad. I remember the blend of Hip Hop, Country and Latin music that entertained us at the reception. It was one day that represented us. There were 6 years of us before, and many years of us to come after, but that one day was about us. Happy Anniversary Babe.

No comments: