Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My 29th Birthday

This year for my birthday we didn't have much planned. My birthday was this past Saturday and I couldn't have asked for better weather, 80's in March. Last year on my Birthday we were snowed in with 8 inches of snow and ice. What can I say, we live in Kentucky, you never know what you are going to get. I had a hair appt scheduled for that morning so I went and got my hair done at my stylists new Salon. I have been going to Tracy for over 8 Years, and I was excited to see her new salon. It is amazing. Very contemporary, the salon is called Fierce, and fierce it is. After my hair appt, I headed home. Adam and the boys planned to take me to dinner because my mom wanted us over for cake at 8pm. So we headed downtown, our destination was a surprise to me. I love surprises, so I didn't ask. We pulled into the parking lot at Joe's Crab Shack, and I immediately remembered that they love to embarrass you on your birthday. In the past I have had to stand on a chair while people sang happy birthday, and when I graduated college, I had to ride around the restaurant on a stick pony and say I graduated while people sang happy graduation to me. So I started to get very nervous. As we walked to the restaurant, I saw some familiar faces at a distance. I realized that Adam had surprised me with my family and friends on my birthday. I was very surprised and excited. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. We had a great time, and in case you were wondering, I had to wear a hula skirt and a straw hat and do the hula dance while standing on a chair as people sang Happy Birthday. There is a video floating around somewhere.

So to all my family and friends who were there, thank you for taking the time to celebrate my Birthday with me. I love you all, and couldn't imagine not having you in my life. To Adam, thank you honey for surprising me on my Birthday even though you don't like doing stuff like that.

2 comments:

ChasedMyDream said...

I am SO glad you had a great birthday! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you - and of course to see you in that hula skirt. xo

Kelley said...

Lord help you for your 30th! LOL